Jenny Cook, Woodcarving, Open Studio

Today I went to the Open Studio of a very very talented local woodcarver, Jenny Cook, who is in one of the groups I belong to.

These 2 are details of one I would have dearly loved to have bought - but can't afford :(




And below is the whole piece.

It brings back vivid memories of Grand Harbour, Valletta, Malta. I lived in Malta in my teens and Grand Harbour holds special memories - it's a spectacular harbour with fortifications by the Knights of St John from 16C

There were also a lovely series of local cottages ....


lighthouses ....

gorgeous little cupboards, painted beautifully ....

flowers ..... I nearly bought one that I really couldn't afford but was saved from myself when someone else bought it :>( ......


The work is mainly made from reclaimed wood, carved and painted.

Jenny's studio is a converted stable in the garden of her cottage and I am very very deeply seriously envious! it looks out onto beautiful cottage garden flowers and is light and spacious and far far tidier than I could ever manage!



You can visit Jenny's website here

What do you think?

Comments

Sarah said…
how lovely are these, beautiful and unusual...off to see her web site now
Julie Dunion said…
Thanks for sharing this Vivien. These are very beautiful and now sit very close to the top of my art wish list. The flashes of vivid colour against the gorgeous wood tones is sumptious.
vivien said…
They are high on my art wish list too!
Robyn Sinclair said…
Beautiful on all counts and I agree that is a wonderful studio.

Popular posts from this blog

The Eye, Urban/Rural exhibition

playing with watercolours and coloured pencils

paint or sketch trees: challenge